- URL: http://www.wtgwebinar.com/webinar/addressing-corrosion-on-existing-pressure-equipment/140
- Date: 2010-10-26 14:15 GMT
- Listed: October 7, 2010 8:55 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Time: 14:15 GMT
The majority of conventional maintenance is executed under a long term contract with a general contractor, who provides a wide range of services, fixing nearly all common repairs. However a few problems can only be fixed using a specialty high risk solution and that is where technology can bring value. Equipment upgrades also exceed maintenance services and require engineering support to define the best design: metallurgists, corrosion experts, FEA experts, welding engineers but also tooling engineering capacity.
Through a risk analysis process we can propose a technology based safer solution and provide a long term improvement on the critical corrosion issue of major components: safety in design, safety in execution, safety in service operation.
Featured case study:
A recently executed project with the most recent overlay technology used in situ on a distillation column suffering from corrosion on the shell. The specificity of this project is that another area of the same column was also suffering from corrosion and the shell has been replaced by windows in parallel with the overlay during the same turnaround.
The different steps of this project will be explained:
â€¢Identification of the corrosion
â€¢Selection of repair solution
â€¢Selection of metallurgy
â€¢Execution and safety
What will I learn?
â€¢How technology can be utilised to repair and improve the reliability of existing major pressure and mechanical equipments
â€¢Assess alternative solutions to the traditional maintenance approach and even more interesting solutions instead of replacing existing equipments due to process changes
â€¢Optimise investment and improve the performance of production tools through innovating technology
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: Jenia Varabyeva
- Member Since: July 2, 2010
Other items listed by Jenia Varabyeva
- How to sustain HR Process Excellence
- Embracing Change â€“ Are You a Change Champion?
- Achieve Manufacturing Excellence in Life Sciences with PAT and MES solutions
- Optimizing Overall Manufacturing System Performance: Cell Culture Supplementation
- Managing Compliance and Reducing Risk with Asset Information Management Solutions