Conflict Mineral Reporting: What Technology-Related Importers, Manufacturers and Retailers Need to Know about the SEC’s Proposed Regulations
- URL: http://www.strtrade.com/Seminars/Seminar_Desc.aspx?id=1733
- Date: 2011-01-19 00:00:00 GMT
- Listed: January 14, 2011 10:42 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The Securities and Exchange Commission recently issued proposed draft regulations implementing the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (â€œDodd-Frank Actâ€). The impact of the Dodd-Frank Act would be far-reaching as companies subject to SEC reporting requirements, including importers and retailers, would be required to report whether their manufactured goods contain â€œconflict mineralsâ€ from the Democratic Republic of Congo or adjoining countries.
Under the Dodd-Frank Act, conflict minerals include cassiterite, columbite-tantalite, gold, wolframite or their derivatives. These minerals are commonly used in the manufacture of a wide range of commercial products, including cell phones, computers, video game systems, medical equipment, electronics, communications equipment, automotive parts, machinery equipment, jewelry, glass and lamps.
Importers, manufacturers and retailers of these kinds of goods are encouraged to attend this informative webinar to learn how the Dodd-Frank Act may impact their operations. The webinar will address the following topics:
â€¢ Comprehensive overview of the draft SEC regulations;
â€¢ Industries and companies that would be subject to the new requirements;
â€¢ Annual SEC reporting requirements; and,
â€¢ Due diligence considerations and other key compliance issues raised by the proposed rules.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ebertoli
- Member Since: January 14, 2011
Other items listed by ebertoli
- NAFTA Basics for Textiles & Apparel: Best Practices for Successful Compliance Reviews
- A Product Of Where? Country Of Origin Marking 101
- Mastering ITAR License Exemptions In An Increasingly Complex Export Environment
- An Overview of Conflict Mineral Reporting: How Proposed SEC Regulations Will Impact
- Antidumping 101: What You Need to Know About Dumping