Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, Prohibitions and Best Practices for Compliance – By Compliance Global Inc.
- URL: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700147
- Date: November Tuesday 10th
- Listed: October 12, 2015 10:08 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
This webinar will discuss the anti-bribery and accounting provisions of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA). The FCPA prohibits U.S.-based businesses and foreign businesses while in the United States from making cash or in-kind payments to foreign government officials to gain a business advantage, including for the purposes of obtaining or retaining business. The FCPA also requires certain companies to develop and maintain internal accounting controls and penalizes the falsification of books and records in attempts to circumvent its anti-bribery provisions. In this webinar, we will explain what activities and conduct is prohibited by the FCPA, and share best practices & strategies for avoiding the criminal and administrative penalties for violating its provisions.
Why Should You Attend:
• Can I pay for the managers of my Chinese factory to travel to the United States?
• Is it okay for me to give a wedding gift to the daughter of a Minister who invited me to the wedding ceremony?
• I’m tempted to pay off a government clerk so that I can receive the permit that I need but I don’t want to get into trouble. Will I?
• We have discovered that a foreign company that we are in the process of acquiring has been making illegal payments to win business. What do we do?
• Can my company be held responsible for bribes paid by a consultant hired to help us win a government contract?
Any company or person that does business internationally could face one or more of the above scenarios. According to the Corruption Perceptions Index (developed annually by the international NGO, Transparency International, to measure perceived levels of public sector corruption) two-thirds of the 176 countries reviewed scored in the bottom-half on the Index. Among these are many emerging markets where paying for “favors” may be a requirement of doing business or for winning contracts. More innocently, in some cultures, it is customary for business partners to exchange gifts as an expression of mutual respect. The webinar will explore which of the above activities are not permitted by the FCPA, which of them are, and under what conditions.
The United States has sharply increased enforcement actions against companies and individuals for FCPA violations. Penalties can include fines, jail time, and/or denial of export privileges. This webinar gives you the tools to help you minimize or to mitigate the risks of becoming the target of an FCPA investigation.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
This webinar will cover the requirements of the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), including:
• Who is covered by the FCPA anti-bribery policy and accounting provisions?
• Who is covered by the FCPA accounting provisions?
• What activities and conduct are prohibited by the FCPA?
• How to recognize and address common pitfalls in your business operations
• What are exceptions and defenses to the FCPA?
• How to address the anti-bribery laws of other jurisdictions
• How to develop an effective compliance program
Understand the main provisions of the FCPA including its prohibitions and penalties and understand some best practices to mitigate the risks of violating the FCPA.
Who Will Benefit:
• Chief Executive Officers
• Chief Financial Officers
• Corporate Counsel
• Chief Compliance Officers
• Trade Compliance Personnel
• Trade Compliance Officers
• Global Trade Directors
• Global Trade Managers
For more information, please visit https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700147
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceGlobalInc
- Member Since: May 26, 2015
Other items listed by ComplianceGlobalInc
- Rules and Laws Governing Standby Letters of Credit (for Bankers) – By Compliance Global Inc.
- How to Transform your Managers at all Levels in to Leaders by Getting them to Adopt a Few Key Principles of Effective Leaders in Order to Improve Performance and Profitability – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Procure-to-Pay Fraud Cycle: Detecting and Preventing Purchasing, Receiving and Disbursement Frauds – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Identify and Handle Difficult People – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Cleaning Validations Using Extraction Techniques – By Compliance Global Inc.