HIPAA Rules for New Patient Attraction – Websites, Testimonials, Social Media – By Compliance Global Inc.
- URL: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700270
- Date: January Wednesday 20th
- Listed: December 14, 2015 8:06 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Speaker: Paul R. Hales
New Patients are vital for growing and sustaining a Health Care Provider’s Practice. Patient attraction has become an enormous business resulting in highly visible Internet-based HIPAA training violations and risks for providers.
Websites, social media, patient satisfaction surveys, email and text messaging sold by vendors including Business Associates are all subject to HIPAA rules that are frequently overlooked or ignored.
Why Should You Attend:
HIPAA compliance for the most common patient attraction tools are clear and unequivocal. One look at health care plans on provider’s website can provide undeniable evidence of a HIPAA violation and indications of other violations to be investigated.
The lack of Patient Privacy when misusing patient attraction tools can cause to suspect the provider to reveal a breach wide open on the Internet for all to see. This includes the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and State Attorney General enforcement agents. A covered entity’s breach for all to see!
Misuse of social media, websites, or marketing can lead to HIPAA violations, lawsuits, and loss of patients and revenue. With HHS training audits taking place and current violations with a minimum of $10,000 fines, it is the time for covered entities to become compliant while still keeping patient engagement through the ever growing electronic world.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
Whether you have a website, a LinkedIn page, or use Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, or Instagram, you are exposing your practice/business to a potential hipaa privacy rule breach. The avenues of electronic communications are growing and we must grow with it in order to maintain HIPAA compliance and keep the integrity and privacy of patients and their protected health information.
In this webinar, policies and procedures will be discussed that will help to ensure a compliant understanding of the usage of social media, marketing efforts and website development. This is more than posting a notice or opt-out message. This is an accurate, comprehensive and easy to implement way of patient engagement through examples and recent breaches. Your entire practice/business personnel should be aware of the harmful effects of the misuse of social media, marketing, and websites and the devices used to access these portals.
• Patient Engagement Tips: Protect Patients’ Privacy and PHI, Build the Relationship
• HIPAA-Compliant Policies and Procedures
• Social Media: Reviews, Testimonials, and Likes
• Marketing: Phone Calls, Emails, and Text Messages
• Websites: What to Post and Not to Post
• Portable Devices and Electronic Communications Network
Who Will Benefit:
• HIPAA Compliance Officials (HIPAA Officers)
• Compliance Directors
• Practice Managers
• Privacy Officers
• Security Officers
• Chief Information Officers
• Information Systems Managers
• Health Information Managers
• Healthcare Counsel/lawyers
• Office Managers
• Contracts Managers
• Chief Clinical Officers
• Human Resource Professionals
For registration: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700270
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceGlobalInc
- Member Since: May 26, 2015
Other items listed by ComplianceGlobalInc
- Tapping into Organizational Creativity: Using Guiding Principles to improve process and performance. – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Managing the Standby Letter of Credit Process (for Bankers) – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Unique Device Identifier (UDI) Implementation – By Compliance Global Inc.
- How to Manage a Medical Device Recall Efficiently and Effectively – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Understanding Americans with Disabilities Act – By Compliance Global Inc.