- URL: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700260
- Date: December Wednesday 16th
- Listed: November 18, 2015 12:48 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
Jocelyn Samuels, the top Federal official in charge of HIPAA enforcement, said the one critical thing covered entities and business associates must do to ensure compliance with HIPAA’s Privacy, Breach, and Security Rules is a HIPAA Risk Assessment – “… a comprehensive and thorough approach to assessing and addressing the risks to all of the protected health information (PHI) they maintain.” Risk Analysis is mandatory, however, 2012 audits found 80% of health care providers failed to comply with this mandatory requirement.
Why Should You Attend:
Covered entities and business associates are under intense pressure to do a HIPAA Risk Analysis of all PHI they maintain – and have been left on their own to do it.
• HIPAA Rules do not explain how to do a Risk Analysis
• HHS employee directory provides 9 pages of guidance, published in 2010 that “…is based on recommendations of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)”. However, the lengthy, complex NIST recommendations cited by HHS are highly technical and specifically geared to “computer security training”
• A “Security Risk Assessment Tool”, designed only for small medical practices, is available at HealthIT.gov but does not cover the HIPAA Privacy Rule and carries the express warning, “Use of this tool is neither required by nor guarantees compliance with federal, state or local laws.”
No wonder HHS found 80% of health care providers failed to do the Risk Analysis. HIPAA violations are increasing dramatically. 2015 is the “Year of the Breach”. Expect both increased government enforcement and private lawsuits.
This webinar is specifically designed to protect your organization by explaining and de-mystifying HIPAA Risk Analysis.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• Explain HIPAA Risk Analysis clearly and simply for staff of covered entities and business associates tasked with doing a HIPAA Risk Analysis who are not members of “the computer security community”
• Clarify and follow NIST methods without confusing jargon and complexity
• Cover Risk Analysis of all PHI – not just electronic PHI
• Demonstrate an interactive, intuitive method for completing the Risk Analysis and creating a Risk Management Program to help you jump start compliance
This webinar is designed to enable your organization to perform a complete Risk Analysis of all PHI it creates, receives, maintains or transmits in any format. You will understand and identify threats, vulnerabilities and risks to your organization’s PHI wherever it is located.
• HIPAA Risk Analysis Importance Explained
• HIPAA Risk Analysis Explained In A Clear Concise Step-by-Step Process
• The Elements OF A Complete HIPAA Risk Analysis – All PHI
• Creating Your HIPAA Risk Management Program Directly From Your HIPAA Risk Analysis
Who Will Benefit:
• HIPAA Compliance Officials
• Marketing – Patient Relations Managers
• Health Care Practice Managers
• Risk Managers
• Compliance Managers
• Information Systems Managers
• Legal Counsel
For registration: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700260
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceGlobalInc
- Member Since: May 26, 2015
Other items listed by ComplianceGlobalInc
- Emerging Issues in Food Safety – By Compliance Global Inc.
- The Time is Nigh – An Actionable Timeline for IQCP Implementation – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Designing Full Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) Training Program as well as Table Top and Simulation Testing – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Body Language for Successful Sales – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Operational Risk for Financial Institutions – Beyond Regulatory Constraints – By Compliance Global Inc.