- URL: https://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=702258LIVE/?channel=webinarbase-jan_2019_SEO
- Date: Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Listed: November 8, 2018 8:19 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
The TrainHR Course is approved by HRCI and SHRM Recertification Provider.
Understanding who and what earnings are subject to unemployment taxes. A review of FUTA tax rate and tax depositing. Discuss Form 940 changes and common mistakes made. How FUTA & SUTA interact and why it is important to understand.
Discussion on the status of the state unemployment system and how it will affect your job in the coming years. Details of the FUTA Credit Reductions. What is the SIDES program and what its impact will be. How to reduce and maintain your SUI rates.
Why should you Attend: For years the only changes payroll professionals had to worry about was normal rate changes for state unemployment each year. But in recent years the IRS has made updates to the federal Form 940 and states are in a much different position financially regarding unemployment benefits. Because several states are faced with depleted funds, changes are occurring on payroll unemployment taxes.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Form 940 Basics and how to Properly Complete
Form 940 Changes
FUTA and how to Properly Calculate
FUTA and SUTA and how They Interact
Experience Ratings and how they Work
SUI Tips and Tricks to keep Cost Down
Who Will Benefit:
Dayna Reum ,CPP, FPC is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. She has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, She moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teaching she has taught at the Metro Phoenix American Payroll Association meetings and at the Arizona State Payroll Conference. Topics including Payroll Basics, Global/Cultural Awareness, Immigration Basics for the Payroll Professional, Multi-State and Local Taxation and Quality Control for Payroll, international and Canadian payroll.
Event link: https://www.trainhr.com/control/w_product/~product_id=702258LIVE/?channel=webinarbase-jan_2019_SEO
NetZealous LLC, DBA TrainHR
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member Since: July 1, 2016
Other items listed by email@example.com
- What Every HR Professional Should Know about Coaching Toxic Personalities
- Labor and Employment Law Issues related to Social Networking
- Onboarding New Hires: How to Get Them Quickly Up To Speed,Engaged and Productive
- Ten Best Practices Related to Hiring and Staffing
- If it Wasn’t Documented it Didn’t Happen: Legal & Effective Discipline & Documentation 2017