- URL: http://bit.ly/1Qv3bej
- Date: April 6th Wednesday
- Listed: March 8, 2016 8:21 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Speaker: Lester S. Rosen
Key Take Away:
Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission critical for employers and get acquainted with cutting edge issues such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites.
Negligent hiring and retention is one of the fastest growing areas of employment litigation. Learn legally complaint best practices to keep a business productive and out of court, including how to obtain and utilize criminal record and background information on job applicants. Get updated on the recent legal developments, and review case studies to demonstrate what steps employers should take and mistakes to avoid. Hear about cutting edge issues, such as the use of social networking sites and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) approach to the use of criminal records. Learn steps a firm can take immediately to avoid a bad hire.
To avoid bad hiring decisions, employers are utilizing employee background checks as a risk management tool. However, background checks are increasingly subject to employment litigation, legislation, and regulation. There has been an explosion of class action lawsuits as well as actions by federal agencies based on allegations that employers failed to follow the law. This webinar will audit ten key areas of legal compliance designed to help employers hire the best while avoiding legal fallout.
Why Should You Attend:
Employee problems are caused by problem employees, and this webinar will help HR professionals avoid bad hires in the first place by practicing due diligence in their hiring programs as well as staying legally complaint.
Areas Covered In This Webinar:
Get updated on the recent legal developments, and review case studies to demonstrate what steps employers should take and mistakes to avoid. Hear about cutting edge issues, such as the Ban the Box, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) approach to the use of criminal records, and issues surrounding the use of credit reports use of social networking sites. We will also provide human resources training by reviewing the basics of the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), important California rules and how employers can avoid class action lawsuits for not doing checks the right way. Learn steps a firm can take immediately to avoid a bad hire.
• Learn why background checks and due diligence have become mission critical for employers
• Understand the basics of a negligent hiring lawsuit and defenses that work and do not work
• Get acquainted with cutting edge issues such as the new EEOC focus on criminal records and credit reports and the use of social network sites
• Understand the impact of the EEOC Guidance on the use of criminal records
• Learn how to spent fraudulent employment and education credentials
• Learn steps your organization can take today to implement a legally compliant program and to hire the best employees
• Learn how the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) and state laws impacts hiring
• Review the elements and defenses to negligent hiring lawsuits
• Understand the current explosion in class action lawsuits related to background checks
• Audit your current practices for legal compliance
Who Will Benefit:
• Human Resources Professionals
• Hiring and Employment Managers,
• Employers and Business Owners,
• Talent Management Officers
• Risk, Audit, and Compliance Personnel
• Anyone involved with the Hiring and/or Retention process at a Company
For more information, please visit http://bit.ly/1Qv3bej
Toll Free: +1- 844-414-1400
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: email@example.com
- Member Since: December 15, 2015
Other items listed by firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enforcing Internal Control within Excel Spreadsheets – By AtoZ Compliance.
- Implementing Kanban for Successful Project Management – By AtoZ Compliance.
- Contract Negotiations: Physician Employment Agreements-By AtoZ Compliance
- Integration of ERP and Legacy FDA-Regulated Systems – By AtoZ Compliance.
- Pre-Control charts: A precursor to Statistical Process Control (SPC), this talks about how to develop and implement pre-control charting – By AtoZ Compliance.