- URL: http://bit.ly/wuap3A
- Date: 2012-01-31 10:00:00 PST
- Listed: January 6, 2012 12:27 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
This topic will focus on how health care providers can stay out of trouble. Too often health care providers concentrate on providing services and neglect any effort to avoid penalties for fraud and abuse, leaving them exposed to punitive actions.
State & federal agencies which oversee healthcare programs are increasing their efforts to eliminate fraud and abuse. Resulting in close scrutiny of provider practices.
Areas Covered in the Session:
Have an active compliance plan.
Never bill services you did not provide
Never conduct any business that results in unwarranted services
Never certify any services unless they are necessary & appropriate and in line with the diagnosis and well being of patients.
Never allow referring providers to extend services not authorized.
Never use codes that do not refer to the actual services provided.
Never change medical records when challenged by a payer or add subtract or try to improve documentation.
Who Will Benefit:
Health Care Professionals
Health Service Providers
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: mentorhealth
- Member Since: January 4, 2012
Other items listed by mentorhealth
- Structuring and Implementing Hospital-Physician Medical Director 2016
- How to Avoid HIPAA Fines and Penalties 2017
- New HIPAA Rules for Communicating with Patients by Unencrypted Email and Text Messages 2017
- HIPAA and Having a Compliant Front Office
- How to Best Manage the Emotional Rollercoaster of Asperger Syndrome-High Functioning Autism