- URL: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700276/SusanFaheyDesmond/legal-pitfalls-from-screening-applicants/1
- Date: February Tuesday 2nd
- Listed: January 12, 2016 9:46 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
It is bad enough that when you check into an applicant’s background that previous employers will only let you know that the applicant worked for them and their position. Now, EEOC training has changed its position regarding EEOC compliance on how to analyse an individual’s criminal background checks, making it more difficult to exclude those with a criminal background. On the other hand, employers have faced costly jury verdicts for negligent hiring when the individual inflicts harm on others.
This webinar will walk you through the laws you should consider in your employment screening services like Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and more!
Why Should You Attend:
Hiring the wrong individual can be costly in so many ways. Obviously, if you hire the wrong person, you eventually will be looking at terminating him/her, and terminations always run the risk of a lawsuit. Hiring someone with a violent or criminal background can lead to a negligent hiring claim should the individual inflict harm on others while working for your organization.
Yet, there are so many laws that say what you can or can’t do when screening your applicants. Laws even tell you at what process you can ask certain information. This webinar will guide you through the legal pitfalls that comes from employment background checks and how to avoid them.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• Understanding the disparate impact theory and how it affects your hiring decisions
• The latest position of the EEOC regarding criminal background checks and how the courts are responding
• Getting medical information during the application process
• Case examples of negligent hiring and what went wrong and why
• Legal pitfalls in using (or not using) the Internet and social media during the hiring process
• Complying with the Fair Credit Reporting Act
• The pros and cons of using fingerprints for background checking
Who Will Benefit:
• HR Managers
• HR Generalists
• Company Owners
• HR Assistants
• Business Owners
• Employee Relations Professionals
For registration: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700276/SusanFaheyDesmond/legal-pitfalls-from-screening-applicants/1
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceGlobalInc
- Member Since: May 26, 2015
Other items listed by ComplianceGlobalInc
- The Controls for Outsourcing Manufacturing and Testing – By Compliance Global Inc.
- FDA’s Proposed Rule Regarding Device Establishment Registration and Listing and How to Register and List – By Compliance Global Inc.
- The FDAs DHF, DMR and DHR Design Dossier for Documentation – By Compliance Global Inc.
- 90 Days to a Higher-Performance Team! – By Compliance Global Inc.
- How to Manage a Medical Device Recall Efficiently and Effectively – By Compliance Global Inc.