- URL: http://bit.ly/2c7mc7a
- Date: 2016/09/209
- Listed: August 30, 2016 1:15 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
This webinar will highlight the importance of effectively handling severance pay and agreements. It will discuss several frequently asked questions on employee termination, severance pay, severance agreements, and ERISA laws.
Why Should You Attend:
Have you ever terminated an employee or handled the aftermath of an employee termination?
Do you offer severance pay?
Do you use severance agreements?
Do you condition severance pay on promises not to sue and other post-termination restrictions?
Did you know that you might be contractually obligated to provide severance pay even if you do not have a written agreement?
Did you know that your severance agreement may not protect you as much as you think? Or that it may not be enforceable?
Is your severance arrangement subject to ERISA laws?
Addressing these areas that are often wrought with ambiguity, this webinar will help participants learn what you need to know to derive maximum benefit from and avoid the pitfalls associated with severance arrangements.
When done properly, severance arrangements can be an extremely valuable risk management tool for employers—but you need to be aware of the pitfalls. Often, employers work under the premise that offering severance pay conditioned on certain restrictions will eliminate all legal risks, and assume everything is fine—until it’s not.
Who Will Benefit:
Janette Levey Frisch, founder of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm, is an employment/HR attorney with over 20 year’s legal experience. Ms. Frisch is a legal wellness professional for employment practices and workforce challenges. She works with employers to craft solid employment practices wellness plans tailored to address an organization’s needs and concerns. As a consultant, she offers legal services on virtually all federal and NJ and NY state employment law issues.
For Registration – http://www.complianceonline.com/key-elements-of-a-severance-agreement-and-erisa-considerations-webinar-training-703780-prdw?channel=webinarbase
Note: Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceOnline
- Member Since: December 1, 2010
Other items listed by ComplianceOnline
- Pregnancy in the Workplace: Strategies to Protect Your Organization from Pregnancy Discrimination Claims
- Why and How – Verification of Compendial Methods
- The Employee Misconduct Boot Camp: the Psychology and Law of Managing Difficult Behavior
- Essentials of the IRB Approval Process for Clinical Research
- Raw Materials Risk Management in GMP Facilities: Avoiding GMP Non-Compliance Due to Raw Material Issues