- URL: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700259
- Date: December Tuesday 15th
- Listed: November 18, 2015 12:45 am
- Expires: This ad has expired
This webinar has been approved for 1 (HR (General)) recertification credit hours toward California, GPHR, HRBP, HRMP, PHR, and SPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the activity ID on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Many employers struggle to gather information during witness interviews in investigations. Many employees for a variety of reasons are reluctant to be involved and can be less than forthcoming. Friends of employees and those accused of an offense are often downright angry and vengeful. In investigations, to meet its employer tax obligations, it’s crucial that interviews are structured to capture and gather all available accurate information, notwithstanding employee emotions that are often running high.
This webinar will help investigators move through what often seems an investigatory maze. Some investigators, unable to gather information, turn to body language to make determinations of credibility. Not only can that approach be fraught with indefensible and challengeable findings, TV shows while entertaining, are not good training for reading body language. This webinar will cover ways to assess body language while combining with the facts as presented.
Investigations by their very nature tend to leave at the least some employee relations damage amongst employees. It’s important that an employer learn how to take steps to avoid retaliatory behavior towards individuals involved in investigations or making complaints. Additionally there are steps an employer can take to minimize the inevitable gossip and side taking that disrupts business.
Why Should You Attend:
The assigned investigator in many workplaces is often an already overburdened employee to whom another time consuming project is now assigned, often to their dismay. This investigator may have had little to no training in how to perform investigations. Or they may have had training in the process of investigatory mechanics but never actually performed an investigation. In theory, investigatory interviewing sounds easy but in reality, it’s often not.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• When are employees entitled to representation during an investigation?
• Organizing your interview so you can ask good questions
• The angry “hothead”. Dangerous or something else?
• What about tape-recording: Is it a good idea?
• Considering cultural diversity
• The note taker and their role
• Taking notes and pacing the interview
• Educating all parties about retaliation
• What about witnesses that are not your employee? Tips for customer complaints and joint employment interviews
• How to prepare and what to do before an interview
• Strategies for the reluctant witness
• Body language: Can you tell if a witness is giving false or skewed testimony? Developing behavioral baselines
• Starting and ending your interview
Who Will Benefit:
• Anyone who has to do investigations, fact findings, or solve employee relations problems and disputes
• Plant Managers
• Front Line Managers
• HR Managers
• Branch Managers
• Those with Employee Relations Positions
For registration: https://www.complianceglobal.us/product/700259
About Compliance Global Inc:
Compliance Global Inc; is a training (webinar) organization based in New Hyde Park, New York, providing world-class compliance trainings and online webinars by leveraging a pool of experienced speakers / consultants in the Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance, Healthcare, BFSI, Life Science & HR streams for improving the knowledge base of the customers. Our trainings are contemporary, simple and cost-effective with easy access and great delivery experience. Compliance Global is a multifaceted entity, an absolute knowledge repository.
Our varied industry expertise ranges across Life Science (Pharmaceutical, Bio-Technology, Medical Devices, Clinical Compliance, FDA Compliance), Healthcare, HR Compliance, BFSI, Food & Dietary Supplements, Insurance, Accounting & Taxation and other Cross Industry streams.
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: ComplianceGlobalInc
- Member Since: May 26, 2015
Other items listed by ComplianceGlobalInc
- Understanding Americans with Disabilities Act – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Payroll Best Practices: Proper Handling of International Payroll – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Basic Cash Flow – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Writing Effective Email for preparing successful regulatory submissions – By Compliance Global Inc.
- Recent Investigations and Enforcement Trends in Hospice Care – By Compliance Global Inc.